Your Biggest Investment Deserves the Best Inspection
Buying a home is no easy process. It could very well be the biggest investment of your life. It deserves the proper follow-through so that it doesn't become a problem and you lose time, energy, and money. A home or building cannot fail an inspection. Hiring a professional inspector to look at the property will give you peace of mind, not to mention the guidance that is necessary in turning dream property into a reality. We at Action Home Inspections would like to give you that peace of mind, an independent, unbiased view of any visible issues and their solutions so that you will have all the facts you need to make a sound, informed decision.
We have been serving Union County, NJ and the surrounding area for more than 25 years, helping homebuyers identify potential problems and providing indoor air quality testing services. We do it all and no property is beyond our expertise. Our inspection process has evolved over the years and we have a system in place guaranteed to get the job done. Depending on the size and condition of the property, a thorough inspection will take no more than four hours, usually between an hour and a half and three hours. (NOTE: We inspect small commercial buildings up to 40,000 sq. ft.) Ideally, you will accompany your inspector during the consultation, so that you will have visual reinforcement of your written report.*
We take our inspection reports seriously. Every inspection is a complete and thorough analysis of all the major systems and components in the home that are visible and operational on the day of your inspection. The report includes a clear description of what we've found with any problem areas noted, so you can easily identify them. Our inspectors also provide a free telephone consultation after your inspection. We take care of you from beginning to end so that you know exactly what is going on.
If you live in Union County or the surrounding area and interested in a property inspection, please contact us today. We look forward to hearing from you!
*A thorough property inspection will last app. 2-3 hours and include the following:
- Roof (shingles, flashings, chimneys, vents, trim and gutters, drip edges, skylights, downspouts, and other visible roof related items)
- Plumbing and Fixtures (water pressure, water distribution system, hose bibs, sinks and faucets, bath/showers and toilets, sanitary system, and other plumbing system components)
- Heating and Cooling Systems (furnace, air cleaning parts, ductwork, electronic monoxide testing, electric gas sniffer testing, air conditioner and lines, and other visible related HVAC components)
- Basements, Crawl Spaces, and Foundation (insulation, ventilation, posts, vapor barriers, utility attachment, structural items, floors and walls, and columns)
- Attics (insulation, ventilation, rafters, joists and collar ties, trusses, wiring attachments, and other visible related items)
- Interior (floors and ceilings, walls, stairs (if applicable) and banisters, finishes, sinks, cabinets, shelving, built-in appliances, smoke detectors and safety-related items, and other visible interior-related components)
- Electrical Systems (service entry and clearances, service panel, switches and outlets, visible wiring and junction boxes, grounding system, and other related electrical components)
- Exterior (siding materials, attachments, windows, doors, sashes and lintels, vents, entryways, and other visible exterior related components, excluding EIFS/synthetic stucco)
- Indoor Air Quality Association
- EPA Mold Facts
- NJ Radon Facts
- EPA Radon Facts